Guaranty Title Co.
Complete Land Title Services
Guaranty Title Co. is the oldest title company operating in Edwardsville, Illinois. Guaranty is an Illinois business corporation, and has been in continuous operation since 1947 when it was incorporated by Attorney F. Ritchie Gibbons, Loraine Gibbons, Donald Hartnett, and Ruth Hartnett.
Company offices were originally located in a historic turn-of-the century building on the Courthouse square at 109 Purcell Street. In 1973, Guaranty moved to larger quarters at 113 Purcell Street in the same building. When Madison County decided to build a new administration building at that location in 1985, Guaranty moved to even larger quarters in its present location at 220 St. Louis Street.
Guaranty Title Co. has always been at the forefront of land title technology. Guaranty was the first title company in southern Illinois to utilize microfilm technology developed by the U.S. Government during World War II. Guaranty microfilmed county land records and provided photocopies of real estate documents and records, and photographic enlargement and reduction of documents.
Guaranty was also the first title company in southern Illinois to establish a computer index of real estate transactions and recorded documents for faster, more accurate title searches. Today, Guaranty utilizes CD information storage and fast computer technology, networked to provide accurate title information to our customers quickly and efficiently.
Phone: (618) 656-7195 FAX: (618) 656-9141
IL WATS: (800) 642-9540 email@example.com